Monday, September 3, 2007

Get some culture up ya!

Michael Ondaatje discusses his latest book Divisidero at the Village Voice bookstore in St Germain on Thursday night. I went there today and bought Absurdistan. Hmm. I'll miss it by a day, just like Rock en Seine. Hmm.
Other than that, I window shopped on Rue St Honore, unashamedly singing out loud to my mp3 player. Steve Malkmus and Franz Ferdinand: 'It's always better on holiday, that's why we only work when we need the money.' I went into the Campers bouteque. It's somewhere next to a 4000 euro watch shop (there's only about 26 on that street) I've been wearing mine everyday for three months and they're starting to look it. They were playing Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? Cool. If I decide on a career change, a checkout chick in this store woud be a serious contender right now.

No comments: