Saturday, July 28, 2007

City of Bikes

So today was a day full of bikes. I bought a touring bike! Panniers, racks, pump, puncture kit - I got the lot. I was tossing up whether to rent or buy. In the end I bought cos I can either sell it all before I go and get (some of) my money back or bring my new toys home, which is what I'd prefer to do.

I'm gonna spend another week of so here and then ride to Leiden (where Daphe lives), Utrecht (where Robyn studied) and then (either with a pitstop in Amsterdam first or directly) to Dusseldorf and Pflaz (Palatinate) to see Tim Merforth and some German climbers. Berlin is the ultimate goal, but some of that trip will be on the train, cos its a long way!!

Ash and I also went to the "My Bike" festival and Streetlab fashion show which were on in Westerpark. We set up a slackline. Pics are up.

Ash's brother, his wife and two month old baby came to dinner - flatbean cabonara, strawberry and rocket salad, creme broules.

No comments: